With a recent survey stating that 98% of executives consider ineffective communication to be the main cause of failure in business, finding the right unified communications solution to remedy this is a top priority for business owners.
Here is a brief overview of all the crucial features businesses should look for when choosing their UC solution:
- Cloud Deployment: Without a doubt, the rise of cloud technology has been the single most important development in business communications over the last decade
- Call Management: At its very core, a UC solution should offer an abundance of call management features such as CRM integration, click-to-dial, call forwarding, call recording, call logging, missed call notifications, and many more all in one place to ensure each agent can access all the information they need from a single location.
- Presence: No time should be spent waiting for calls or messages to be answered.
- Instant Messaging: Instant messaging (IM) is fast becoming the preferred form of communication for the Millennials that have grown up in a consumer world that communicates predominantly through popular IM apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Chat.
- Unified Messaging: With a unified messaging feature, users can access their voice, video, email, IM, and more all from a single programme.
- Conferencing: Conference calling and video conference calling are valuable features to consider when choosing a UC solution and can save businesses a great deal of time and money.
- Team Collaboration Tools: Team apps allow users to share ideas and information at any time they wish through a number of different platforms without ever having to open another programme.